If you’re considering purchasing windows with double glazing in Wrexham, or other areas, you may be wondering exactly what you’re buying. Here is an overview of what they are, and the benefits.
What is double glazing?
Double glazed windows are made up of two layers of glass, with a layer of gas sealed between them. This makes the windows airtight and well insulated.
* Better insulation: With the two panes of glass sealed tightly, the windows provide a draft-free, well insulated home.
* Sound control: If you live in an area with a lot of traffic, or near a park where children play, double glazing windows will help reduce the sound from outside.
* Save on utility bills: With reduced incoming and outgoing heat/cold air, your furnace and air conditioning won’t be running as often or as long. This means you’ll save on your energy bills.
* Last longer: These windows are extremely durable and sturdy. While they may cost more upfront, they will last you longer than other types of windows.
* Limited condensation: Because the windows are airtight, condensation (tiny droplets of water that can freeze and make the room colder) is reduced.
* Safety: Double pane glass is harder to break than single pane glass. That means less chance of a break-in, and less chance that your window will be broken by a stray ball or rock.
* Less fading for your furniture: The double pane blocks a certain amount of sunlight from beaming into the room, which means less fading for your furniture. It also keeps out the hot air from summer, keeping your home’s indoor temperature more comfortable for you and your family.
Double glazing in Wrexham, and other areas, has become a popular choice among homeowners, as energy costs continue to rise, and people become more conscious about their environmental impact.
Morton & Jones are an experts at providing high quality double glazing services for homes and businesses in Wrexham, UK and surrounding areas.